Saturday, March 30, 2013

On The Way

The year was 1930, and I was just about to buy a bus ticket. When I gave the awkward looking man the money for the bus ride he asked me a quick question, “What’s your name boy?” I am a very shy person so I stood there and gave him a stare. “My names James” I said. He nodded his head and gave me a signal to go sit in the back. Considering it had taken me several trips to go for a bus stop, I was very tired so I thought I’d take a quick nap and then sit and wait after. Except it wasn’t just a nap, I slept for a very long time, checking the time I soon realize I’ve been sleeping for about 3 hours. By about an hour I would expect the bus driver to wake me up and ask for more money, fortunately for me he didn’t.

I went to speak to the man and he seemed very quiet, as well I noticed everyone on the bus had got off. I stood over the bus driver, his pale face which was oddly more pallid than it was when I walked in. “Are you ok?” I said. Being curious was always what got me in trouble in some way. He never responded and kept his eyes on the road like he never even noticed me. Soon we stumbled into a town, on the map it said we were somewhere in providence. “Weird, I never asked to pass through providence” I thought. I looked back and asked “How did you know I wanted to go through providence?” Again he didn’t respond so we kept going.

Finally we stopped at a bus stop which relieved me because I didn’t want to stay in a vehicle with this weirdo. I walked out and thanked the man even though he probably wasn’t going to reply, but when I got off the bus he said something in the creepiest voice imaginable. “Good luck”. Before I could speak he closed the doors and drove as fast as he could go, that man was such a creeper I couldn’t believe it if he actually had friends or even a girlfriend. I walked around until I found a house with a mailbox that stated “The smiths”. Strange that name is so common but I decided to talk to them and maybe ask of a place I may stay for a while. I knocked on the door which seemed to be a long time before a little girl answered.

In the rudest way possible she asked “Something you need?” I hesitated to answer because the way she looked at me was like she was demonized. “Hi I’m James, are you parents’ home?” She rolled her eyes and spoke the words “Get over here”. How obedient and bratty I thought she was going to get her butt whooped until her father stepped in and ignored her. “Yes what?”  “I’m on my way to Greenville and was wondering since its getting dark out if I could stay in and have dinner with you fine people”. (Did I mention being a suck up was always my way as well?) He looked at me all around and finally just hand signaled me in. I saw a very boring style of a house; nothing was out of order except the shoes I removed. I was surprised to not see toys or dolls from the little girl but nothing was here. I was creeped out and as soon as I heard their mother calling for dinner it scared me even more. Considering that she didn’t sound like a human being at all. I sat down at the table enjoying this food that seemed to plain I decided not to be curious about it. “So is this town nice here?” I say as soon as I scarfed down that non mixed rice. “Well we don’t talk to people like you about that because you’re an outsider who needs to visit aba…” She is stopped by the father and they go into the room to talk, then a boy walks out in perfect clothes and fresh shoes. “Who the hell are you?” He asks in a disrespectful way. I didn’t answer but instead found the guest room and slept.
The next morning I tried taking off only there was one problem, I couldn’t.  They were holding me there because of very little things like “Oh you need to eat” and “but you need clean clothes”. Finally I told them I’m leaving and they got furious. The boy raised his tongue upwards and something came out of his mouth I look to see it was a rat. I was freaked out so I ran out of there. Only to see a mysterious castle. On the side were gargoyles and other horrific stuff that gave me the chills. I went closer but then I realized the mailbox had the words OPEN instead of “The smiths” on it. I opened and found a bible bookmarked to the chant to get demons out of the bodies. I thought about it. What’s wrong with this place?

I went into the castle trying to remember the shout and what to say if I encounter any demons. Soon a man walked out which looked like a king of some sort and was red eyed. “What brings you here mortal”? Mortal he is a human too, but those words didn’t make me so confident about it. I looked at him and said “are you the one who has tormented this so called town?” He replied with
“Very well then leave or be possessed.” His eyes were pure white with no pupils. I then chanted "We drive you from us, whoever you may be, unclean spirits, all satanic powers, all infernal invaders, all wicked legions, assemblies and sects...” Before he could be halfway finished he screamed and begged for mercy. I continued: “Thus, cursed dragon, and you, diabolical legions, we adjure you... stop deceiving human creatures and pouring out to them the poison of eternal damnation...”

I then spoke these words of the chant “Be gone, Satan, inventor and master of all deceit, enemy of man's salvation...
Stoop beneath the all-powerful Hand of God; tremble and flee when we invoke the Holy and terrible Name... which causes hell to tremble...
From the snares of the devil, deliver us, O Lord. That Thy Church may serve Thee in peace and liberty; we beseech Thee to hear us." The demon screamed as he was getting burned and melted but before he melted he sent a demon Alabam, to possess me soon I was fighting for my life but I knew it was too late so I let god take me in and let me die a possessed man.

~Ricky Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear not; there are more stories. Just click the "Older Posts" link for more great works of literature.