Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Well


You pushed me down the well
I hope you have fun in hell
It was the day I fell
Which was the day I felt
It scared me I must say
Knowing I would die today

I woke up like I would
And looked to where my table stood
I put on my clothes
And put food on the stove
I was feeling restless
Much like how you were relentless
When you were beating me senseless

I cried hoping I would wake up
But was without luck
As it was not a dream
All I could do was scream

I collapsed from pain
Blood coursing through my veins
My heart racing; I said to myself
That at least you’ll burn in hell

It all seemed rather dire
When you decided to burn me in the fire
You suspended me from a wire
But when the fuel would not light
I looked in your eyes and saw fright

You knew it would not burn
I broke free from the wire I was held by
Now it was my turn
I smiled looking sly

I pulled out a knife
And begun to slice
Your skin so smooth
It’s a shame I’ll cut all the way through
It was a pleasure knowing you

But in the middle of the cut I noticed something

You had no fear
You felt no agony
I realized that as I cut… I was just like you
Broken and numb

Then I sat down
Right there next to you
Your body seemed lifeless yet warm
Had your soul finally been torn?
I felt your heart and there was a beat
And I looked down and noticed a twitching of your feet

I threw the knife down the well
Deep into the darkness it fell
I heard a splash that echoed faintly
As the surrounding world turned quiet
I felt a sense of safety

That withered away quickly
As the sky began to pour
And my body was feeling sore

The air felt warm and damp
I dragged you under the well
Under the cover it was arid

But then you awoke
From fear I started to choke
For that look in your eye was horrifying
And I began petrifying
The way you seemed to see my soul was terrifying

I gasped and began to fall
I reached out hoping to grab hold of the wall
Nevermore will I see another day
The light began to fade
The farther I fell
The closer I felt
To the end of my suffering

If you had let me live
Maybe I would confess my sins
Maybe I would have changed for the better
Or I would have stayed worse

Maybe it’s best for me
For me to no longer be
I thought back on these moments
They were no longer of torment
I knew I would get what I deserve in hell
And honestly I’m glad I fell

By: Kylan Walker

1 comment:

Fear not; there are more stories. Just click the "Older Posts" link for more great works of literature.