Monday, February 25, 2013

I Can Prosper

It was a Friday night. Like always I was sitting on Facebook waiting for those comments like “Hey Butt face” or “You know nobody likes you right?” I would cry, but no tear will shed because I just felt too dismal for it and lay on the ground and lay there thinking about how my life is a living hell. I heard my mother scream down the kitchen and tell me that dinner was done. I got the strength to get up and walk down stairs as slow as possible. I took a step and sat in the chair closest to the kitchen, my dog which is one of the only things I care about aside from my mom. “So how was school today Hun?” My mom said but she must’ve known how it was. “Like always, I get shoved into the lockers and get threatened unless i give them my lunch money”. My mom looked at me surprisingly like it never happens, then she finished her dinner and went to her room to smoke cigarettes and text to escape all her problems, including me.

As an adult I still remember that terrible night when I went to the movies with my crush, Jimmy Thomas. Being gay is one of the reasons why I always got bullied, as well because of the way I dressed and how I loved my education. So anyway we went to see the new movie I forgot what it was called since it was so long ago. And some jocks were going to coming by. “Hey homos how are you doing today?” They laughed. I was infuriated so I decided today was the day to stand up to these jerks. “Hey is there something wrong with my sexuality, I don’t know what your problem is but were trying to enjoy our night why don’t you leave us alone”. Jimmy was shocked that I finally said something to those asses. “Why don’t you make us” then he took a big shove on me, I punched him in his face and his friends took me and threw me in the bushes. All I saw after being shoved was them taking Jimmy and left.

 The next day I found him by his locker trying to cover his face but I could see a bloody lip. “Hey are you o...” he stopped me and yelled, trying to embarrass us. “SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE” he ran away and hadn’t talked to me about it for a while, in fact he hasn’t talked to me in months, and then it happened. On a Monday morning I was walking through a hall near period history, I walked inside and felt weird because Jimmy wasn’t there. He had never been sick and I had never been in class before Jim. As I walked inside; a guy probably a senior ran past me and he looked like Nathan landrace, the kid who shoved me into the bush. Then I heard it on the microphone for the announcements, I thought it was going to tell us lunch today and stuff like that, but it was the principal that sounded serious; “Attention students of the school a boy named Jimmy Thomas was found on the floor about ten minutes ago, he is not breathing and hasn’t responded to the shock charges. He is presumed dead.

 I couldn’t believe it; the one out of the three people I actually liked has died. He almost felt forlorn, this incense pissed me off. After about a week after his death my mother told me the news that my dog had died. Then I went to live with my grandparents because about three months later my mom died of a cancer she never told me about. I was crushed that all three things I cared about had died. The rest of my high school years I never talked to anyone, nobody bullied me anymore but I still felt scared. After graduating college I became a police officer to build up courage, I made more friends and was a few months away from being sheriff and I started to have a terrific life.
Then it happened. I was looking on Facebook for new ad on how to help his foot odor when he discovered he had been messaged, Jared Nelson, a man who he had been most scared of as a kid. He messaged him saying “Hey I want to make up for how I treated you in middle school, meet me at the Chinese restaurant on Houston Street”. I decided to let bygones be bygones and visit him for lunch. I met him and he told me about his problems and how he was gay and came out of the closet to his dad, and how his dad left and he never saw him again. So I brought him into my house and offered him a drink. He accepted the drink and passed out asleep. So I sat there watching TV waiting for him to wake up, then I thought about how he used to shove me into the locker and took my lunch money. I was furious now so I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my butcher knife I use on thanksgiving. He awoke at the time I was cutting his legs off, I had already finished his arms he took so long to wake because the alcohol had numbed him, and he screamed so I ripped his jaw off and let him bleed out in the garbage can.

After that I started to kill more. Not just any people, I killed all the people who bullied me in school and I did the same thing every time, cut their arms and legs off and broke their jaws off and left them in trashcans, Except I now did it near different hotels every time. I remember what had happened when I was a boy and how my crush Jimmy had died, I didn’t know how and I couldn’t remember, so I visited the school met my old teachers and then I talked to the principal about the death and what happened in the video. The principal let me see the video for the first time and I saw something that changed my whole life and a sense of melancholy rushed through me when I saw him getting into a fight with the kid who ran past our class, Nathan landrace. I was so mad I stormed out of the room with a feeling to actually kill not because I want to, but because I have to. I looked him up on Facebook and messaged him saying we need to talk about middle school meet me near the McDonalds by the school, the one with the alleyway. We met there where he addressed me as “homo” I could see he matured (sarcasm). “A little birdy showed me the video of what happened that day at middle school when you killed Jimmy; I am pissed at you and I want to strangle you right now, But no… I will let you suffer”. Then non surprised Nathan pulled out a knife. I pulled a pistol and shot him in the knee four times; he lay on the floor and was screaming so I broke his jaw off immediately. I removed the arms and legs and then I felt happier in life. I lived on to be a folk hero among that towns people, and had a lovely husband, raised four kids and three dogs, and had a great and magnanimous life.

By: Ricky wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear not; there are more stories. Just click the "Older Posts" link for more great works of literature.